Translate

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Show Notes: Episode 21 - AND a New Pattern Release!




This week's podcast begins with my Top Ten List - Pieces of Craft Show Advice.  Things I wish I had done differently, and things that I'm glad that I did.  If you ever serve as a vendor at a craft fair, you will find a few valuable nuggets in the first 20 minutes of this week's podcast!

On to finished objects:

Lace Boot Cuffs - I changed the crocheted ribbed cuff to a knit one for more stretch
Saartje's Bootees - the pattern doesn't give specific instructions for making the button loop at the end of the strap, so here's what I did:  After binding off the last stitch along the top of the shoe, I cut the yarn to about an 8" tail and did not pull the tail all the way through the last stitch.  Instead, I inserted a small crochet hook into the last loop and chained 6 or 7 stitches (this depends on how large the buttons you are using are), and then I pulled the tail all the way through the last chain stitch.  I threaded the remaining tail onto a yarn needle and used it to sew the loop down to the strap, creating a sturdy button loop.

For the button loop at the end of the opposite strap, I cut a 10" length of yarn and chained 6 or 7 stitches in the middle of it.  I used a yarn needle to sew each end down to the end of the opposite strap, creating a matching button loop at the end of the opposite strap.

And on my needles is the Cala Luna Sweater

Last but definitely not least, this week's new pattern release is the At the Game hat!
This pattern is available as a single pattern, and also as part of a 4-pattern eBook called #SquadHats.  The eBook only contains one pattern at the moment, but each of the next three weeks, and update will be sent to early purchasers of the eBook, adding one hat pattern a week until they are all published by the end of November.  And as a little bonus to early eBook customers, the first 50 people who purchase the eBook will receive a Trappings and Trinkets ultrasuede tag (similar to the one shown on the hat pictured) in the mail.  It will either be a double-sided gray tag (like the one pictured) or a single-sided brown tag.  If you have a preference of which you'd rather have, make sure to send me (colie75) a Ravelry pm as soon as you make your eBook purchase to let me know your preference.


No comments:

Post a Comment