Translate

Friday, March 9, 2018

Show Notes: Episode 29





Would you like to know how to sew a garment based on a relatively simple shirt, sweater, or dress that you already own?  The first 40 minutes of today's podcast will show you the step-by-step process of drafting a sewing pattern.  Also, cameo appearances by my cat, Tevye.

A couple new tools I used when sewing this sweatshirt out of knit fabric:



And an excellent tutorial if you want to put a neckline or sleeve binding on a sewn knit garment.  Actually, SewCanShe has lots of great sewing tutorials, if you're into that!

If you're not into sewing, just fast-forward to the 40 minute mark and you can check out a couple finished projects,



And a kinda finished object (that I will need to rip out and reknit half of:


And then I talk for a minute about a new project I'm casting on:

No comments:

Post a Comment