Translate

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Seriously.

This sweater is a long time coming.

The baby in the photos below is now well into her toddlerhood.






































And isn't she the cutest?


























Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I get with test knitters.  I had a great crew on this test, and I would encourage you to check out the project pages they link to the main pattern page.  Maybe give them 24 hours or so to link up so you can see all of them.  One woman did a color-blocked version that was hit pink & gray, with striped sleeves.  So cute.

Another tester suggested I add a photo of the back of the sweater to the pattern, and I couldn't agree with her more.  The back of this sweater really shows off the smocking.  But I didn't have any great shots from the photo shoot I did with this adorable baby.  Luckily, Elin, tester extraordinaire, had already taken some beautiful shots of her test sweater, and generously allowed me to use them!













I wish I could recommend the yarn she chose, but it's discontinued.  The yarn I used for the baby sweater was Happy-Go-Lucky HGL Sock Yarn.  I later used Knit Picks Stroll Tonal for a second sample sweater (the bright blue one at left).  Another good alternative would be Claudia Handpaints Fingering yarn.  (This one just apparently underwent an image makeover.  It is now labeled as "Addiction", but I'm pretty sure it's the same sock yarn they've always sold.)   I would recommend something either solid or tonal to best show off the smocking stitch.  One tester did use a more variegated yarn and her sweater turned out quite nice, too, so sometimes you never know!













This light sweater will keep the chill away this spring, and it would look beautiful over an Easter dress.  There's still just over 6 weeks until Easter...plenty of time to knit this up for your special girl!

The pattern is the Galway Girl Cardigan.  It is written for sizes 3 mo up to girl's size 5.  Testers rated the difficulty between Adventurous Beginner and Intermediate.  Specific skills needed are listed on the Ravelry pattern page and on the listing page in my Etsy shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment