Translate

Monday, November 20, 2017

Show Notes: Episode 22



On Episode 22, I'm wearing my finished object, the Cala Luna Sweater!

I touch on my vicarious Rhinebeck experiences and the Knitting Pipeline Retreat that I'm looking forward to attending in February.  (KP Retreat info isn't posted yet on the day I'm publishing this blog post, but when it is released, you'll be able to find a thread about it on this message board.)

I show you the hat pattern that I released last week (the Stone Stacking Hat), and the one that will be released tomorrow (the Swirlygig Hat).  Both are available as single patterns, or as part of the #SquadHats eBook collection.

A little math lesson begins just after the 23 minute mark.  I talk about how I mathematically figured out exactly how many extra sleeve cap rows I could work without running short on yarn (and how you can do that, too!)  I also talk for a minute about how I fudged the neckline on my Cala Luna sweater, and how you shouldn't be afraid to do the same.

I show you a new project that I cast on for Mom's Christmas gift (which I'm not linking, just in case Mom is reading the show notes.  I posted the name on the screen as I was beginning to talk about the project, so you can just search it on Ravelry if you want to know more about the pattern.)

There's a little bit of enabling, as I show you 4 new recent purchases.

And I have a couple new podcast recommendations for you: Arne & Carlos and On Being with Krista Tippett.

I also talk about the Indie Design Gift-a-Long, which begins TOMORROW!  There is a 25% off sale that runs Nov 21 (8pm EST) to midnight (EST) on Nov 28.  Use the code "giftalong2017" on any sale bundle patterns from any of the participating designers...you can use the code as many times as you wish!  Then, hop on over to the KALs and join in on the camaraderie, games, and knitting support that will be available until December 31st.  Work on your holiday knitting, or knit a gift for yourself - it's always a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment