Translate

Friday, May 4, 2018

Show Notes: Episode 33



Here is the long, long list of links for Episode 33 of the Trappings and Trinkets Podcast!

Leggings:

Simplicity Pattern #8422
I used this paisley fabric from JoAnns
and a Sushi-print fabric that is very similar to this, but a darker gray color for the background, also from JoAnns

Here is the Kathryn Morgan video that is the most similar workout to what my gym class does, but she has all sorts of videos on her YouTube channel, and if you work through a bunch of them, you will definitely build your strength and your skills as you progress.

A couple links where you can buy ballet shoes.  Amazon and Discount Dance Supply

I can't track down online the shirt pattern that I talked about in the podcast.  I accidentally bought the pattern twice this spring, once at JoAnn Fabrics, and once at Walmart, so I think it probably is still available in stores.  I'm not sure why I can't find in online.  It is the "New Look" pattern line from Simplicity, and I see the pattern number listed as "S0184" and as "50184" on the packaging.

I can give you a link to the fabric I used though, over on fabric.com.

Here is a video that will walk you though how to make your own necklace.

Knitting WIPs:

Design Project in progress is made from Sweet Georgia Cashluxe Fine yarn.  I can't overstate how great this yarn is.  The ONLY negative is that if you have to frog & reknit it, it can start to look a little shabby from the friction.

WIP #2 is a pair of socks made from Brew City Lucky Charms Sock yarn in the "Spectacular Spectacular" color way.  Gorgeous, saturated, variegated color with flecks of gold sparkle.

Watching/Listening:
The Freakanomics Podcast, specifically this episode.

Atul Gawande - I have personally really enjoyed the following books authored by him:
Being Mortal
The Checklist Manifesto
and Better: A Surgeon's Notes on Performance

The Resident (it's terrible, but it totally sucked me in.). You can find it on Hulu, and apparently it is also airing Monday nights on Fox.

Finally, get your laugh on with Hasan Minhaj: Homecoming King!


No comments:

Post a Comment