Translate

Monday, August 5, 2013

A sneak peak....

I have a women's pullover that I've been keeping under wraps for about 5 months now.  I LOVE this sweater and I can't wait until the weather cools off again so I can wear it!  I also can't believe that, except for people who have seen me wear it in real life and my test knitters for the pattern who saw pictures (and now have their very own pullovers!) I've kept this one a complete surprise.

The test is wrapping up now and I anticipate being able to release this beauty on time, at the beginning of September.  The reason I'm writing about it today is that Knit Picks has the yarn I recommend for it on sale, and apparently today is the last day of their sale.

So I figured I'd let you take an early look and if you like it enough, you may want to order your yarn now.  The Knit Picks City Tweed HW is really a lovely yarn.  It's tweedy but not overpoweringly so.  It has a really nice texture - the 20% alpaca content gives it a really silky drape and it feels lovely to knit.  With my very sensitive skin, I wouldn't be able to wear this yarn right next to my skin, but for a sweater that I know will always have something underneath, it's totally fine.

Without further ado, I give you the Orchard Pullover (anticipated release date: September 4, 2013)!



This was the photo I took for the test knitters - I'm wearing the collar unbuttoned here, but you can also button it up and worn it folded over like a large, loose turtleneck.  When done in a warm heavy worsted yarn like the Knit Picks City Tweed, the short sleeves perfectly balance the extra warmth that the alpaca in the yarn gives you.  I wore this sweater in cold weather at the end of last winter and found it to be very comfortable.

So there you have it - and early reveal so you bargain shoppers have a chance to order while the yarn is still on sale.  I hope you find a color that you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment