Translate

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Lettuce Knit

On our first day in Toronto, we headed straight for Kensington Market.  I was looking forward to a day of exploring unique shops and finding interesting places to eat.  My daughter, on the other hand, didn't last very long.  About two hours into our day, she came down with a stomachache that cut our outing short.

Still, we did manage to walk through part of the neighborhood, and as luck would have it, we passed right by an adorable local yarn shop, Lettuce Knit.

The area in front of their store features a rustic yarn-bombed fence.  Awesome.















Inside, they offer a fantastic selection of yarns from the Canadian Handmaiden and Fleece Artist company, madelinetosh, Socks that Rock, Indigo Moon, as well as many smaller yarn dyers like Rain City Knits and Yummy Yarn Studios.
















It was the perfect opportunity for me to snag a few skeins of the Socks that Rock yarn that I've heard so many good things about.  I picked up 3 skeins of their lightweight sock yarn.


















I also wanted to take home some yarn that was going to be unique to Canada, so I picked up two bright turquoise, dk-weight skeins (this picture doesn't even almost do this intense color justice) of Rain City Knits Bluefaced Leicester in the Rain Drop Blue color way.

The woman working at the shop was as lovely as the shop itself.  If I ever find myself in Toronto again, I will be heading straight for this place, and I would be likely to crash one of their stitch nights!


No comments:

Post a Comment