Translate

Saturday, June 23, 2012

SYTK

I've never been a big fan of the SSK. I feel like the top stitch always looks sloppy and it's not a very good mirror image of the K2tog. I really wanted decreases that would nicely mirror each other for my Tiny Dancer pattern, so I did a little digging. I was thrilled to find a brilliant left-leaning decrease that is a much, much closer mirror image of the K2tog. I found it on the "Techknitter Blog" and as far as I know, the writer of the blog may be the inventor of the technique. Check out the blog on "slip, yank, twist, k2togtbl". I'll never use a SSK again.

3 comments:

  1. This is bloody brilliant! I was working the sleeve of a sweater for my little guy last night, and the SSK stitches were just looking so sloppy compared to the K2tog stitches. I'm so glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such an improvement. I'm just surprised that Techknitter put this idea out there back in 2007 and I haven't heard of it until now! Once someone subs this for SSK, I doubt they'll ever find a reason to use SSK again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had my knitting needles out in awhile, and I have yet to really understand how to intentionally make right or left leaning anything. However, this is the first time I've looked at one of those step by step knitting diagrams and actually understood how to do what they were drawing without needing a video showing me. Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete