Translate

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Munchkin Dress!!

 Today I get to release a design that is 10 months in the making.  This dress started out as a different idea and was shaped into this twirly, pleated-skirt beauty over most of the last year with the help of a couple other wonderful designers on Ravelry, including KTLV who explained to me how to create pleats from the top-down, and a group of test knitters that all deserve gold medals.  My Knitting Consultant, Kelly, also has my thanks for giving me a pep talk just at the right time while I was working on this.  There's nothing better than having people who encourage you when you hit a rough patch!





This top-down raglan dress will be a comfortable and warm addition to any little girl's winter wardrobe.  Add matching legwarmers for a cozy and stylish touch.  The samples were knit in Knit Picks Chroma fingering, though any fingering or light sport-weight yarn will give you a good result.  This pattern is sized from 3 months up through little girl's size 5, so you're sure to know at least one little girl who would love to receive this dress from you!





The full skirt of this dress does require a good amount of yardage, but I promise you that your result will be worth every inch!







1 comment: