Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!


I love birthdays.  I am happy to tell anyone who wants to know that I turned 38 this month.  Growing older is a privilege, one that is denied to many, and I embrace whatever age I am and look forward to the years to come.  Don't get me wrong....I have noticed in the past few years that I don't get the same sort of attention out in the world as I did when I was younger, but that's not the sort of attention I value.  What I do value is having a marriage that is a mutual admiration society and not a power struggle.  I value having enough parenting skills to handle whatever my kids throw at us, and having the wisdom to seek advice from others when I am feeling stuck.  I value cultivating relationships with interesting women (and men, but I just run into a lot more women in my day-to-day life, so they are the ones I generally get to connect with.)  And all of those things just get richer with every birthday I get to celebrate.

My husband and kids spoiled me on this birthday, as they usually do.  My favorite gift from them has to be the ring they ordered from Leslie Wind.  It's a ring/cable needle....slip it off, hold your stitches on it while you're working a cable, then put it back on your hand until you need it again.  Brilliant!  I just wouldn't recommend sleeping with it on, and I've found out the hard way that I need to take it off before undressing at night - I've already ripped a shirt on it.  Even though my family only ordered the ring for me, Leslie enclosed this lovely shawl pin (/bookmark) in the package as well.  She doesn't know how perfect her timing was...when I do my photo shoot for my Lace Wrap, I'll be thrilled to use this pin in some of the photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment