Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

More Purple...

 The purple top is getting bigger....about 15 inches down, 12 or so  left to go.  I slipped it on last night, but it's so hard to tell at this point if I'm getting what I intend....  I haven't made a bottom-up shirt in a long time, and I think I've only made one for myself.  So much of the fit has to do with the shoulders & chest, so to try on a tube of fabric that is just over the hips & waist....well, it doesn't tell you a whole lot.  So I knit on knowing that I may end up frogging and starting over after I figure out what I want to change about my initial attempt.  It's all part of the process though, so I'm just going to enjoy it!  Plus, this yarn is just a dream to work with and I have no doubts that it will take frogging like a champ if it comes to that. 

This morning I inexplicably woke up with hives on my back.  The last time this happened was 20 years ago when I was nervous about a music contest I knew I hadn't prepared as much for as I would have liked to.  I'm not nervous about anything today, so I don't know what these hives are about.  I was outside for a few hours last night at dusk though, so I wonder if I was bit by something that I'm allergic to.  I went up to the walk-in clinic in town this afternoon, but since it's Memorial Day, it was closed.   Instead I stocked up on Benadryl, but I haven't taken it yet.  I'd like to stay awake for a good part of the day before I submit to being knocked out by the medication!

Since this is a knitting blog and it's common knowledge that knitters like cats, I thought I'd share a picture of one of mine that my daughter took yesterday.  She came up to me and said, "Tevie is depressed."  Then she ran off to take pictures of the 'depressed' cat.  I think he was just relaxing on the cool bathroom sink, his favorite place to be when it's warm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment