Translate

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Release: Tiny Dancer!


 Looking for something new to knit for this fall?  Something that is comfy and still makes your husband take a second (and third, and fourth) look at you when you wear it?  Tiny Dancer is just what you're looking for.  It has gentle, body-friendly shaping - I've had two kids, and this belly ain't flat...but you'd never know it when you see me in this top!  It has lots of mindless social knitting (plenty of stockinette) with just enough "other stuff"(a bit of ribbing, decreases, increases, picking up stitches, kitchener stitch) to keep you awake.

This pattern is written for adventurous beginners, which means if you know how to knit, purl, work in the round, and are willing to google you tube videos for things like "kitchener stitch", "K2tog", etc, you'll be fine.  But really, it's for anyone who loves beautiful sock yarn and wants a new sweater that she'll love so much that she'll wish her office would designate it as her uniform.  I'm not kidding.  I wore this puppy every chance I got this summer (and these pictures were just taken this past weekend after more than a dozen wearings and at least 6-8 washings).  It may have been a brutally hot summer in my neck of the woods, but every time I heard that the high temp was going to be below 90 degrees, I was thrilled to wear my new purple top!

This pattern is written for chest sizes 32 (34, 36, 38, 40, 42)" (measuring around the fullest part of the bust), with little to no ease at the bust, a few inches of ease at the waist and little to slightly negative ease at the hip.
Waist, hip, and a dozen other measurements are given in the schematic, so this is an easy pattern to modify if you tend to change the fit of patterns to better suit your figure.

You can purchase Tiny Dancer on my blog (click on the "Patterns" tab), on Ravelry, or on Etsy.  If you're not already a Facebook Fan of Trappings and Trinkets, you might want to check it out before you buy....I posted an exclusive deal there this morning that is open to anyone who has "liked" my Facebook page.

Happy Knitting!






No comments:

Post a Comment