Translate

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ok, I may have gone a little overboard...

 If you follow me on Facebook, you may have noticed that this weekend I was on a Yarn Crawl.  Well, officially it was a "romantic weekend for my husband and I while our kids were visiting their cousins", but my husband (who is awesome) was totally on board with driving me to seven different yarn shops over the course of two days.  I got to pet all the yarn, plenty of which I'd never seen before, and take some home with me, too!

When we got home from our weekend away, the Knit Picks order that I had placed last week was waiting for me.  So I got to add a few more things to my vacation haul!

First, a ball winder to go with my new swift.  I will feel very fancy while knitting from my cakes, rather than having balls rolling all over the place!




This Felici sport yarn is so fun.  It is eventually going to be a sample dress for a pattern I have in my head.  But, since I'm already releasing a child's dress pattern in a couple months, this one may go on the back-burner for a bit.  The colorway is "recess".  How cute is that??







Last, I have two skeins of the Capretta fingering weight wool / cashmere blend and 2 of the Gloss DK.  I wanted to check both out for future reference.  I have an idea for a pattern I may pitch to Knit Picks Independent Designer Program and I wanted to feel out a couple of their yarns before I told them what I wanted to make this new pattern out of.  This Capretta is really soft and if it is at all durable (as in, doesn't pill like crazy) I think it will be at the top of my "I Love To Knit With This Yarn" list.  That list is getting longer and longer!


No comments:

Post a Comment