Translate

Friday, January 11, 2013

Miracle Donation


It's tax time at Trappings & Trinkets.  The nice thing about bring self-employed is that you can do your taxes any time you want because you are responsible for everything, including doing the work to come up with your business financial records for the past year.  The not so great thing?  You're responsible for everything, including doing the work to come up with your business financial records for the past year!

All this financial work reminded me that I have a donation to get together!  Back in October, when I released the pattern for the Miracle Sweater, I did it with the promise that 50% of the profits from the pattern in its first two months of sale would go to the Children's Hospital of Illinois, in honor of all the little miracles that need a little extra help coming into this world.

It's hard to predict which patterns are going to sell well and which ones are going to slowly find the right knitters.  I thought the Miracle Sweater was very unique and from the reactions of testers, I thought that once it was available, it would sell well.  But, as it turns out, I think this is one that will need some time to find the right knitters...sales did not start off with a bang.  And because of that, I decided to donate 100% of the pattern fee instead of just 50% of the profits.

So, many, many thanks to the 9 people who did purchase the pattern since October.  Because of you, I just submitted a $54 donation through their website.  I really appreciate not only your support of my patterns, but also of the hospital that does so much good in my community!

No comments:

Post a Comment